Have you ever struggled to use the pronouns they/them when someone asked? Do you feel stymied talking about trans identity at work? Do you want to know more but are afraid to ask about gender? Tune in to this vibrant and brave conversation with the inspiring Rae McDaniel.Rae McDaniel (they/them) is a non-binary Speaker, Author, Therapist, Certified Sex Therapist, Coach, and Transgender Diversity and Inclusion Educator.
Rae helps audiences gain the sheer audacity to be themselves in the world through play, pleasure, and possibility. Their book Gender Magic is a first-of-its-kind practical guide to achieving gender freedom with joy, curiosity, and pleasure for transgender and non-binary individuals, gender explorers, and those who love them (May 2023.) They have been featured in high-profile media such as The New York Times, The Chicago Tribune, Time, and Women’s Health. As a sought-after professional speaker, Rae has spoken at Rutgers University, University of Chicago, University of Illinois Chicago, Soho House, The Wing, and Rachel’s Rodgers’ ROI: The Millionaires Summit. Rae is also the founder and CEO of Practical Audacity, a Gender & Sex Therapy practice in Chicago, serving over 300 clients yearly.
When Rae isn’t educating audiences and bettering the world, they can be found drinking too much coffee, snuggling with their dog Gizmo (who might actually be a gremlin), or sipping whiskey with a good book.
Today on Let’s Make Work Human
- Learn how horses saved both Moe and Rae (Mei, not so much!);
- Why the story of trans folks needs to expand in major ways (note: joy is involved;)
- How sexual well-being is well-being, even in the context of work;
- Why good intentions can get in the way of brave conversations about gender identity;
- How to get good at using the pronouns people prefer;
- How to hire more trans folks to your workplace and why it matters;
- And so much more!
Resources mentioned in the show:
- To receive weekly gold in your inbox, sign up for the Show Up newsletter here https://newsletter.leadwithmoe.com/
- To get yourself or your people leaders critical skills for the future, learn more and apply to the Leading People Program™ here: https://leadingpeopleprogram.com/
- To connect with Moe or Mei email email@example.com or go to www.moementum.com
- To connect with Moe on Linked In https://www.linkedin.com/in/moecarrick/
- To connect with Mei on linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/meiratz/
- To learn more about Rae McDaniel’s work go towww.rae-mcdaniel.com or www.practicalaudacity.com
- To purchase Rae’s new book, Gender Magic www.gendermagic.comPurchase “Gender Magic” IG & TikTok @theraemcdaniel Facebook @raemcdanielgendermagic