We see organizations transform all the time, and in fact, change is constant in the workplace, isn’t it? Our guest today has serious chops in helping with change in large and small companies. Salima Hemani is a seasoned, results-driven Organizational Development & Human Capital Executive , Speaker and Executive Coach with over two decades of experience working with top clients ranging from government agencies to private corporations. She has managed large, complex strategic transformations, and organizational design and development efforts as both a consultant to and as a leader at top global companies including Accenture, Northrop Grumman, Marriott International and BAE Systems. Salima excels at developing innovative solutions to challenging problems, and enabling clients to capture maximum efficiencies and growth. She is known for her partnership with leaders to transform organizations and drive business results in fast-paced, competitive markets.
In today’s conversation we touch on being a woman in a male-dominated field, what it means to be an immigrant in the workplace, and so much more.
Today on Let’s Make Work Human
- Milestone birthdays and why celebrating aging matters!
- The challenges of balancing the needs of the system with the needs of the humans who work there.
- Why leadership needs to be redefined in today’s world and leadership traits need to be rethought.
- How effective leadership requires adapting to different situations and being authentic.
- The fact that thriving at work is possible when people find meaning and purpose in their work and are able to bring their whole selves to work.
- That happiness is not the ultimate goal, but rather a spectrum of human experience that includes moments of misery.
- Why it’s important to create safe spaces for people to be their authentic selves and acknowledge that people are capable of doing both life and work, even when they are unhappy.
Resources Mentioned in the Show
- To receive weekly gold in your inbox, sign up for the Show Up newsletter here https://newsletter.leadwithmoe.com/
- To get yourself or your people leaders critical skills for the future, learn more and apply to the Leading People Program™ here: https://leadingpeopleprogram.com/
- To connect with Moe or Mei email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.moementum.com to learn more.
- To connect with Moe on Linked In https://www.linkedin.com/in/moecarrick
- To learn more about Salima Hemani’s work check out her Website: https://www.szhconsulting.com/
- Find Salima and Connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/salima-hemani-mba-pcc-sphr-shrm-scp-7033b31/
- On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/szhconsulting